A Plastiq Payment Page is a web page associated with your Plastiq Accept account. Your customers can visit this page and quickly add your business as a recipient for payments in their own Plastiq account. There's also a Guest Checkout option, so customers can send you funds without having to create an account.
Your Plastiq Payment Page represents a verified and secure endpoint for payments, allowing your customers to skip the manual setup process for adding a new recipient and start scheduling payments to your business right away.
How does my customer use this page?
This page will prompt customers to enter an email address and click Sign up or sign in. Doing so will direct them to Plastiq to add your business as a recipient. Once added, customers can then submit immediate payments or schedule recurring payments to your business. If they don't already have a Plastiq account, they'll be directed towards the steps to sign-up so they can start sending you funds via Plastiq.
Alternatively, they can enter their email address and select Pay as guest to quickly submit a one-time payment to your business, without having to set up their own Plastiq account.
How do I make a Plastiq Payment Page?
When you enable Plastiq Accept, a Payment Page is automatically generated by Plastiq. We use the information you provide us during sign-up to set up this page.
Can I edit this page?
You can add your logo to a Plastiq Payment Page, but you cannot edit any other details. However, Plastiq is developing this feature so you can expect this ability in the near future.
Where can I find the link to my Payment Page?
We'll display your Plastiq Payment Page link when you enable your account to receive funds. Copy this link so it can be shared with your customers. You can also visit the settings area to find this link (as described in the next section).
Collecting Payments with a Payment Link
- Direct customers to a Payment Page by sending them the link. As noted above, Plastiq will generate this link for you when you finish setting up your account. You can also find your payment page link in the settings area under get paid.
Click My Payment Page to see your link details on the right-hand side. Your Payment Page link will be displayed under Shareable Payment Page (highlighted below).
- Clicking this link will bring your customers to a page where they can enter their payment amount and email address.
Customers have the option of signing up for their own Plastiq account (or signing in to an existing one) to add your business as a payment recipient. This would allow them to set up a series of scheduled payments if this is a recurring charge.
They can also click Pay as guest to skip the sign-up process and submit their payment immediately using Guest Checkout.
- If a customer selects the Pay as guest option, they'll enter payment and card details via your Payment Page. Customers can attach documents (eg. invoices, bills, or memos) to their payment when providing payment details.
Customers using Guest Checkout cannot set the date for delivery of their payment- the payment will be processed immediately and delivered on the soonest available delivery date. To schedule the payment for a later date, they must sign in to Plastiq.
- Customers will have an opportunity to review the payment before submission. Once they click Submit payment, Plastiq will process the payment. and show a confirmation message. The customer will also receive a payment receipt in their email inbox.
If your customer wishes to save your business as a recipient so they can set up recurring payments, they can click Sign up to save payment details and create a Plastiq account.
- Plastiq will show a message to confirm the payment was successfully processed. The customer will also receive a payment receipt in their email inbox.
If your customer wishes to save your business as a recipient so they can set up recurring payments, they can click Sign up to save payment details and create a Plastiq account. To submit another one-off payment, they can click make another payment.